The support of alumni and friends ensures that the most talented students in the country and the world may continue to acquire the intellectual training and expertise essential for their future life.
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences has made great strides recently in improving the quality of student life at Columbia. This year it instituted:
- an enhanced financial aid package for doctoral students that offers them stipends commensurate with our peers
- a guarantee of five summers of research support, and assumption of the facilities fees that students had been paying out of pocket until now
- a rewriting of childbirth policies to include both genders and cases of adoption and foster parenthood
- expanded eligibility for grants to allow students to travel to present a paper or musical composition nationally or abroad
- increased support for the recruitment of underrepresented students.
The generosity of the school's alumni has always been pivotal in allowing the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences to fulfill its responsibility to enhance the life of graduate students at Columbia. Please make a gift to GSAS to support graduate education today.
For more gift option and information please see our gift guide.
Are you interested in helping increase support for GSAS? Join our GSAS Annual Fund Leadership Committee, a group of highly committed volunteers who reach out to other alumni who care about the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Click here to view the 2010 GSAS Annual Report of Giving, which celebrates the commitment of alumni and friends who help provide financial aid to graduate students.
For more information on giving to the Graduate School, contact Katherine A. Jones at email@example.com or 212-851-7964.