Upon accepting the offer of admission, MA students are required to submit a nonrefundable tuition deposit.
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $2,000:
- MA in Climate and Society
- MA in Islamic Studies
- MA in Islamic Studies and Muslim Cultures – Dual Degree with Aga Khan University
- MA in Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- MA in Oral History
- MA in Sociology
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $3,500:
- MA in Biotechnology
- MA in Modern Art: Critical and Curatorial Studies
- MA in Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $5,000:
- MA in Economics
- MA in Mathematics of Finance
- MA in Statistics
The tuition deposit for all other MA programs is $1,000.
The tuition deposit must be submitted through the online application system via a credit card payment and will be credited against the charges for tuition in your student account.
The tuition deposit is nonrefundable, with the exception of errors that arise during payment processing.
A tuition deposit submitted to Columbia GSAS is not transferable to the payment account of another school at Columbia University.
PhD students are not required to submit a tuition deposit.