Upon accepting the offer of admission, MA students are required to submit a non-refundable tuition deposit.
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $2,000:
- MA in Climate and Society
- MA in Islamic Studies
- MA in Islamic Studies and Muslim Cultures – Dual Degree with Aga Khan University
- MA in Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- MA in Sociology
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $3,500:
- MA in Biotechnology
- MA in Modern Art: Critical and Curatorial Studies
- MA in Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences
The tuition deposit for the following programs is $5,000:
- MA in Economics
- MA in Mathematics of Finance
- MA in Statistics
- MA in Statistics (Hybrid Online-On-Campus Program)
The tuition deposit for all other MA programs is $1,000.
The tuition deposit must be submitted through the online application system via a credit card payment and will be credited against the charges for tuition in your student account.
The tuition deposit is non-refundable, with the exception of errors that arise during payment processing.
A tuition deposit submitted to Columbia GSAS is not transferable to the payment account of another school at Columbia University.
PhD students are not required to submit a tuition deposit.