GSAS Compass offers a suite of career development programming tailored to master’s and doctoral students in the Arts and Sciences. Stay tuned for registration information and more details on dates and times. All programming will be conducted virtually. Please direct questions to gsas-compass [at] columbia.edu.
Career Development Workshops
- Job Search 360 workshops on a variety of topics including resumes and cover letters, interviewing, networking, and negotiations
- MA Academic and Professional Development Series, in collaboration with MA programs; topics include selecting a thesis topic, student wellness, job search and application strategies, among others
- PhD Pathways series, including career exploration workshops for PhD students in STEM fields and humanities/social science disciplines, and career conversations with alumni
- Guest speakers from ISSO, GSAS alumni, and other invited guests
Alumni Networking Opportunities
- General alumni networking opportunities
- Field-specific networking events in fields such as non-profit, arts and culture, science careers, consulting and finance, among others
Employer Recruiting Events
- Employer information sessions
- Industry showcases
- Career fairs
Click here to view recordings of previous events.