3. Order Regalia and Visit the Grad Fair
Academic regalia is required to participate in the Convocation and Commencement ceremonies. Regalia may be obtained through the Columbia University Bookstore in Lerner Hall (2922 Broadway) or online. For more information, please see here.
Students are highly encouraged to order their regalia at the Grad Fair, which will take place at the Bookstore on Wednesday, April 11 and Thursday, April 12 from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. Vendors will be on hand to assist with regalia, diploma frames, and other items.
Master's Degree Candidate Souvenir Regalia (For Purchase)
- Master’s degree candidates purchase souvenir student regalia, which consists of a cap, gown, and tassel, for $64.
- MA graduates may purchase regalia in the bookstore up until the day of the Convocation ceremony.
- MA candidates who prefer to have their regalia shipped to them should place their order online by May 2.
Doctoral Candidate Regalia (Rental):
- Doctoral candidates may rent their regalia, which consists of a gown, hood, and velvet tam (cap), for $179 plus tax. They may also purchase doctoral regalia for $893 plus tax.
- PhD graduates should order their regalia by April 9 and may pick up their order at the bookstore starting May 3. There is a late fee for orders received after April 9.
Military Honor Cords: Active-duty members or veterans of the US Armed Forces are invited to wear a red, white, and blue honor cord in recognition of their service to our country. These cords will be provided by the University to any eligible graduate who requests one. To request a cord, please contact veterans [at] columbia.edu by May 1.