The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is committed to preparing PhD and MA students for a variety of careers after graduation. GSAS and other campus programs provide students with professional experiences that complement their academic training and help them prosper in their many career choices.
Professional development opportunities include interning in University offices, teaching courses of one’s own design, training in digital humanities and social sciences, funding for academic conferences, networking with alumni, and developing professional skills through diverse career services.
GSAS Programs and Campus Resources
- GSAS Teaching Scholars Program
- GSAS Fellowships in Academic Administration
- Teaching and Research at GSAS
- NSF Fellowship Presentations, Consultations, and Workshops
- Digital Centers Internships
- PhD Career Development Timeline
- Funding to Attend Conferences
- Individual Development Plan (for NIH-funded graduate students and postdoctoral researchers)
- Professional Associations
- Lynda.com (online tutorials to help develop software, design, and business skills; log in to the Columbia portal with your UNI)
Connect / Stay Connected
- GSAS Alumni Events
- GSAS Alumni LinkedIn Group (connect with GSAS alumni)
- Columbia Entrepreneurship (collaborate with other students and alumni to build entrepreneurial partnerships and innovative programs)
Center for Teaching and Learning
Center for Career Education
- CCE Graduate Student Portal
- CCE Resource Library
- Partner Site Career Resources (including Vault, WetFeet, and Versatile Ph.D.