Connect with GSAS alumni across all Arts and Sciences programs via the GSAS LinkedIn group and the Professional Development Committee of the GSAS Alumni Association, which sponsors occasional networking events for alumni and current students.
As a member of the GSAS alumni community, you have lifetime access to a variety of resources on campus to support you throughout your career:
- Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) career resources include frequent networking mixers; preferred access to a network of accredited professional alumni career coaches for fee-based, one-on-one career coaching; alumni business cards; and complimentary access to premium subscription-based job search tools. Also visit CAA’s news blog The Low Down for career advice from members of the Columbia Career Coaches Network.
- CAA Arts Access arranges periodic arts-related networking events, which are open to alumni from across Columbia.
- The Columbia University YouTube Channel provides free access to Columbia-produced videos of conferences, lectures, and other events to alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- GSAS Compass, the Graduate School’s career development initiative, offers a variety of services, many of which are open to GSAS alumni. These include online workshops, networking events, and career fairs and industry showcases with employers. Alumni can engage with GSAS Compass in the following ways:
- Search for jobs and access career development resources in GSAS Connect
- Post a job or internship at your company or offer an employer information session by making a profile on GSAS Connect.
- Watch videos on career development topics, such as creating successful application materials, how to negotiate your salary, and how to use LinkedIn, on the GSAS Compass YouTube playlist.