These services offered by the Center for Career Education (CCE) help MA students to explore professional paths and achieve their career goals.
- One-on-one career counseling
- LionSHARE: job board available only to Columbia students and alumni
- “Quick Questions” drop-in hours
- Practice interviews
- “Insider Info” about hundreds of employers
- Clothing Closet: borrow interview attire at no cost
- Services for international students
- Services for students with disabilities
- Services for veteran students
Funding to Attend Conferences
The GSAS Conference Matching Travel Fund provides support for graduate students in the Arts and Sciences to present at conferences.
Developing Job Search Documents and a Portfolio
The following CCE resources can assist students in developing their online presence and job application materials.
- Design Your Next Steps: sample resumes and cover letters
- Your Résumé: What to Put In, What to Leave Out
- How and Why to Write a Great Cover Letter
Visit LionSHARE to view upcoming skill-building workshops offered by CCE.
Mapping Your Career Journey
Below are self-assessment tools to identify skills, interests, and values, and resources for learning about employers.
Self-Paced Career Exploration
Subscription & Digital Resources
- GoinGlobal: Country Career Guides and USA City Career Guides
- Vault: company-specific information and interview strategies
- UniWorld: employment at multinational companies
- Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Graduate Student Consulting Club: case interviews
There are several ways for MA students to make valuable professional connections with employers, Columbia alumni, and peers: