Violations of Behavioral or Academic Conduct
On behalf of GSAS, the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS) investigates and responds to reports of violation of behavioral or academic conduct involving students in Arts and Sciences graduate programs.
For a full description of GSAS and university policies, the violation of which may result in referral to SCCS, please refer to
- Community Standards as they are outlined in Standards and Discipline (hosted by SCCS)
- Academic Integrity and Responsible Conduct of Research (GSAS policy)
- Good Standing in a Degree Program (GSAS policy)
- Essential Policies for the Columbia Community (university policy)
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Student Policies on Discrimination and Harassment (university policy)
Students, faculty, and staff should file a report directly with SCCS for any incident involving a GSAS graduate student. Students may also consult with SCCS and request arbitration for an issue they may be facing.
The full process of investigation and review, including sanctions and interim measures, is outlined in the Standards and Discipline document.